Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Heart is Racing Again

Four days after moving into our condo in Ogden, Utah, last April. I went to the hospital at 2:30 AM with my heart racing. It took 8 hours to get it to return to normal. My potassium had dropped to 3.3 which is a very dangerous level.

I have been on heart medication and potassium ever since and recently my heart has started to race again. I need to get to the bottom of this and find out what is causing it.

I have several suspicions that I'm going to check out the next few days. One possibility would be the prednisone. I took my last pill yesterday. Another could be that I ate corn last night. I prepared fish with a corn flake crust. The latest test said that I could handle some corn. I don't know that corn flakes fit in this category. A third might be the isotonic exercises I do. It can be hard on your heart if you hold your breath. I make certain that I breathe during the exercises but it's possible that I'm still squeezing my heart.

I'm going to lay off the exercises and see if my heart returns to normal. Then I'll resume the exercises and if my heart responds negatively, I'll know that is the cause and have to change how I do my exercises. The reason I haven't thought this was the problem is because I have done these exercises for years! But, I have stepped up the intensity as of late. So maybe.