Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Having A Sick Day

I am not used to having to stay in bed! And I really haven't stayed there, but I feel terrible and don't have the strength to do anything.

I had the best day yesterday that I have had in a longtime, and about 8 PM the noise in my head was so loud that I thought I was going to lose my mind! I didn't feel too lousy by the time I went to bed, except for the darn noise, but by 5 AM I awoke and knew I was in trouble. My heart was racing and I had tightness in my chest. It felt very similar to when I landed in the hospital in April.

This time I knew what it was. My potassium was low. I took a potassium pill and a magnesium pill because I knew I needed that one too, and went back to bed. The pain and tightness started to relax immediately but then I realized I hadn't taken anything for my heart. I have heart pill and got back out of bed and took one of those too.

I slept until 7 and awoke feeling much better! But when I tried getting out of bed I almost passed out. It was a chore getting breakfast, but I knew I was not going to get better unless I ate, hydrated myself, and took more supplements.

I've had no strength all day, and now it's time to figure out some dinner.

The episode in April took my strength for several weeks. I hope this one will be at a minimal and I will regain my strength more quickly this time.