Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Is It Spring Cleaning Time Yet?

I used to be such a clean freak! And now I just sit at this computer and write blogs and paid posts all day long. My house is going to the dogs! Oh, it's not really dirty, just not as well kept as it used to be.

If I'm not blogging, I'm on the computer doing genealogy. I spend hours at it. Genealogy is addictive!

Two weeks ago I lost 4500 people from my PAF program. I had a backup disc, Thank Heavens.

But it only restored the names to 12,300. I had 14,000 when it crashed.
Luckily, I have the information, so I don't have to do the research all over again. I have been typing for the past week or more and the number is now up to 13,124. I have less than 900 names to type.

I wouldn't have this trouble if I would learn to back up my work more often. But even after this last ordeal, I've only backed the file up twice. I've worked hard at it this morning. I will back it up as soon as I've finished this. I don't want another problem losing names again.