Friday, June 29, 2007

Cystic Fibrois

Maybe you've read my blogs about my health problems and how I can't digest my food with taking extra enzymes. My children have cystic fibrosis and I am a carrier. Just because I don't have cf myself, doesn't mean I am not affected by it. I am!

Dr. Zone put me on a new enzyme a few days ago. He decided to use the same one they use at the cf clinic not far from his office in the U of U hospital in Salt Lake City.

I have taken enzymes to digest my food for years. But, I can tell a difference with this new enzyme. It really is helping me.

I am so grateful! I don't think I'll be able to eat wheat, milk, or sugar ever again though. It would be nice to believe that these enzymes would be the answer to that problem. But, I don't dare try those foods to see if I can tolerate eat them. I just get too sick. I will give it time. Lots of time, and then maybe I'll give it a try.

PS. The enzymes are working great! I'm so glad I brought the need to the doctor' attention.