Thursday, March 29, 2007

At The Ball Game



Mike and I enjoyed a ball game in Mesa yesterday between the Cubs and the Rockies. Arizona is home for the Cubs for their spring training.

I had been worried that the weather would be too hot and that I would have a difficult time walking up to the top of the bleachers, but to my delight and amazement, I walked up the stairs without any problems, and the weather was perfect.

The game ended after the 10th inning with a tie of 4 to 4. During spring training they don't go into overtime to realize a winner.

Everything about the day was perfect, except for one exception. Sitting next to me was a man, wife, and daughter, who ate peanuts and dropped the shells on the bleacher floor. Then, of course they just left with the mess right where they left it.

It really disappointed me to see such a lack of respect for our beautiful world! It also created a health hazard wherein a non suspecting individual could have slipped on the nut shells and could have taken a bad fall.

Shame on people who expect others to clean up their messes!