Tuesday, March 13, 2007

From the Bountiful Temple to the Rexburg Temple

This is the Gorgeous Bountiful Temple where my son Mike worked for three years!



My son Mike is one of the engineers in the Bountiful Temple, in Bountiful, Utah.

He received a call a few days ago inquiring if he would consider a position as the head engineer at the Rexburg, IdahoTemple.

He immediately replied yes, and Mike and Susan will hear next week whether he is the one chosen or not.

The Rexburg Temple is still under construction. If Mike is accepted for the position, he will work there while it is being built.

He applied for the position of head engineer at the Atlanta temple last year, and that offer just didn't feel right with any of us. I've always told my kids they could move anywhere within a 12 hour driving time.

That of course if ridiculous! If they want to move farther, that's up to them. But, I like it as a rule of thumb. I want to be able to get to them within a days drive. If I can get them to stick to it, what's the harm.

Mike (Husband) and I feel good about this choice for them. It is within the 12 hours driving time, in fact, it's less than 3 hours from Ogden.

We actually, feel good about this place for the whole family. He applied for several temples around the world in the last few years, and this choice is the best one.

Another advantage for them is that they would be within 45 minutes of Billy and Connie, her parents, who are keeping their fingers crossed. Their words, not mine. I think I would be doing more than that.

Mike and I have been praying that if the call is right, they will be chosen to go.

We would miss them very much! They are only 15 minutes from us in Ogden. We plan to make some trips there to see them.