Friday, August 10, 2007

Tom Lambert

Meet my cousin Tom Lambert and his lovely wife Joanne. They have lived most of the adult lives in Southern California, and recently bought a home in St. George, Utah.

It's very interesting that Mike's brother Ray and his wife Colleen, served a mission in St.George,Utah. Serving at the tabernacle, Brigham Young's summer home, and Jacob Hamblin home. That was several years ago.

From November 2005 to November 2006, My cousin Mary and her husband Gary served exactly the same mission. There is a blog about them further down.

My cousin Mary called my in Arizona last November just as they were completing their mission and said, "You'll never guess how's taking our place." It was Tom and Joanne!

We stopped to see them April on our way home to Utah, but like a dummy, I didn't call first, and we arrived at 11:00 AM and they weren't scheduled to work until 1:00 PM.

We talked on the phone instead, and I told him that I would call in October when we go back to Arizona.

Well, Mike and I went back to Arizona two weeks ago in the heat of the summer to see how how our plants and house were holding up, and we stopped to see Tom and Joanne on our way home.

It was wonderful seeing them after all these years. We had a lot of fun catching.

Joanne fixed us a delicious lunch. We had a great time!

I have quite a few of my grandfather John Barrett Linton's painting on my blog.

Mike took pictures of Tom's. And here they are for you to see.