Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day


I enjoyed Mother's Day in spite that I was sick all day.

I enjoyed visits from my kids and grand kids. Sherri, and Amy and their families came.

It was the first time they had seen the condo, and it was good to see the them all.

Chris and David came in the evening and we had a good visit.

Chris saw the condo a few days before, but it was David's first time here.

Little Lydia and little Eylse are growing and changing. It's fun to see them trying out their newly learned skills.

Lydia couldn't sit by herself when they visited us in Arizona. But sits very well by herself now, and easily amuses herself with toys, and everything in the diaper bag. She thinks that's a great toy all by itself.

Elyse pulls herself up to the coffee table and likes to walk around it. Her mother impedes her progress by moving her though. Which is a good things since it is a glass table and Sherri doesn't want her to get hurt.

Elyse just turned a year old three weeks ago and doesn't crawl or walk yet. But she walks by furniture and walks with a little help of others. She scoots around on her bottom, moving from side to side. She doesn't get very far, very fast, that way. But, that's her mode of travel for now.

We had a nice time seeing everyone at Mike and Susan's house on Saturday. I felt well that day, and was able to enjoy everything.

The kids gave me very nice gifts. Cari made me a necklace with my birthstone in it. And she gave me a little birthstone bear trinket.

Kim gave me a box full of homemade cards to be given at different occasions. That will certainly come in handy!

Lisa made me a calender that is stamped with cute things for each month. Now, I have an updated list of all the birthdays. Boy, did I need that!

Susan gave me a book entitled: Mom, The woman Who Made Oatmeal Stick to My Ribs.

Sherri gave me a towel and wash cloth for the kitchen, and an oven-mitt. This was very good since most of my kitchen stuff ended up in Arizona.

I had everything divided and on the shelves of the Clinton garage. One side was Arizona and the other side was Ogden. But, when the movers came, they didn't understand and several boxes when to Arizona that were meant to stay in Ogden.

Chris gave me a cute bird feeder. I really wanted one in Arizona. Everyone around us have bird feeders, and lots of birds around. Mike and I wanted one next to the Arizona room so we could watch the birds.

All in all, it was a wonderful Day!