Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hawaii Here We Come


We leave for Hawaii tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I'm still sick.

I have a sinus infection that is really holding on.

I keep counting the days that I should be able to rest and hopefully be well enough to do the things we hope to do that will take strength to do like: Visiting Pearl Harbor, and touring through the Polynesian Cultural Center.

The last one is the one I'm most worried about.

I've been there twice and can remember doing a lot of walking. There are wheelchairs there if I need one, but if it comes down to that, I will just cry.

I was in a wheelchair 10 years ago after I first came down with post-polio. It was a terrible time in my life - to find myself dependent upon people, and not have the freedom of mobility that I was used to having.

Mike just said that maybe we'd better cancel our trip, but I said, "No Way." Somehow, I will make it.

I hope I won't have any problems with the plane ride though. You shouldn't travel by air when you have a cold or a sinus infection.

This will be one of my last blogs for a week. I hope by the time I'm on here again, I have better news.