Saturday, September 29, 2007

Palmyra New York

This was to be the end of our church history tour, but it didn't turn out to be that way. But you'll have to wait and see what the end really was.

We fell in love with Palmyra! It is the most beautiful little city in the world. We had lunch at a quaint little cafe right on the water. The food was perfect! I had a salad that was made with greens, a sliced fresh pear, pecans, and cranberries, topped with chicken salad. It really was delicious! It came with a very different bread. Which was the most heavenly bread I've ever eaten. I'm not supposed to eat wheat, but forget about it! I ate it! That bread was so good, you didn't even have to butter it. We ate our lunch out on the deck, in the sunshine, and watched a man out on the grass, among the trees, playing a harp.

The cafe is named Muddy Water Cafe. It is on the Erie Canal Marina. If you ever get to Palmyra make sure you check out this cafe. It's only a block west of main street.

We visited the LDS sites that we had gone there to see. We went to the Joseph Smith home We visited the center at Hill Cumorah. And went to the beautiful Palmyra temple, small but beautiful.

I have a lot to talk about, but I need to go rest. I have a sinus infection and it is getting me down.