Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chicago, Chicago

That happenin' town. Sure is a happenin' town alright!

We arrived Sunday afternoon, and drove immediately to Robyn's new home. All you bloggers know my niece Robyn. She's the bomb!

We enjoyed seeing her and the children, and looking though her new home. Blakey just couldn't wait to show me her bedroom, and if I'd known how cute it was - I would have gone straight up the stairs, but instead I told her that I couldn't walk up and down the stairs and how about if I waited until I was going to go to bed to see it. The little dear didn't even whine or show any disappointment.

Robyn put us all in her van and we headed for the big city, which is about 20 minutes from her home.

She dropped us off at the Sears Tower where we saw a show on the history and building of the tower, and then went to the top. What a view! On a clear day you can see four states. Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan. It was dark by the time we got there because Robyn had literally showed us the city. The view from the tower was gorgeous at night!

We ate late at a restaurant that I can't remember the name of, and as soon as we entered the house Blakey asked again if I would come see her bedroom where Mike and I would be staying the night. She calls him Grandpa because that's what I refer to him as when I'm talking to the kids. Her room is adorable! Robyn has done a great job of decorating it, and they've only been there a few weeks. Everything was clean and put away, except for a few boxes that she needs help getting to the basement.

It was a short visit, after breakfast we left the next morning. But the trip was very memorable!

Thanks Robyn, for being such a wonderful hostess!