Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Kansas City Missouri

Day one of our trip was on Tuesday September 11. We left our home in the airport shuttle at 8:00 AM. First thing out the door I had a nose-bleed. Bad timing for sure.

We spent most of the first day on planes. We left Salt Lake City and had a 3 hour layover at the Denver airport, before catching another plane to Kansas City, Missouri.

I enjoyed traveling with Bill O'Reily the entire way. Okay, I was not that lucky, but I read his book, "Culture Warrior" and enjoyed it immensely! We pulled into the the Kansas City airport just as I read the last word. I just might read it again before I get back home.

We arrived in Kansas City a little before 5.00, and the remainder of the day was spent getting a rental car, (I like to say hired a car, like the English do). We went to Denny's for dinner, and went back to our motel room for some relaxation.

This trip was an LDS Church History Tour, with lots of other history along the way. We didn't do an actual tour, but rather went on our own. That was the only way I could do it. I have to go on my own pace, which was busy enough. And I can't eat the foods that most people can, and have to be careful where I eat and what I eat. When you are on a regular tour, they have the restaurants already lined up and have the times you will eat lined up. That would not work for my situation.

I ended the night by watching the Bill O'Reilly's show, "The Factor". It ended at midnight, and I had put in a long enough day. Mike fell asleep while Greta was on.