Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pumpkin Pie

Thanksgiving is coming up soon, and one of my favorite food for this holiday is pumpkin pie. I haven't been able to eat pie because of the milk in the pie and the wheat in the crust. And of course the cream on the top.

Two years ago I made my own pie using rice milk in the pie filling and rice flour for the crust. I for went the cream. It was just okay. Better than nothing, but not the real deal.

Now on my new diet, I am going to try and find cracked wheat flour to make the crust. Ordinary flour or ordinary wheat flour won't work in my body. But I can eat cracked wheat. In fact, I had it for breakfast the last two days, and loved it.

I can use raw milk. However, I don't know where to find it here in the Phoenix valley. I'm sure it's here somewhere though. And I'm going to find it. If not, I can use half and half or cream mixed with rice milk. It will be richer than the last time I made it. And I can eat real whipping cream so that be fun to have that on the top.

I can actually eat the whole turkey dinner. The only thing I won't be able to have is the rolls and I have rice bread if I really want bread. I think I can do without that. The rest will be great!