Thursday, November 15, 2007

Food And Health

I want to start a new blog that is centered around food and health. This because, it is such a big part of my life and I want to share the information I have learned. And share the gluten-free, dairy free, soy-free, and sugar-free recipes that I am eating that will be of some help to other people who have the same restrictions I have.

When I say sugar-free, I am not suggesting using those nasty and dangerous artificial sugars that are sold in the stores. I use only natural sugars. Molasses, honey, maple syrup from the tree (not Aunt Jemima's) and pure cane juice crystals. These are the good sugars. I am allergic to honey though, probably because I'm allergic to everything bees pollinate, and they bring the pollens back to the hive and contaminate the honey with the pollens. These sugars are delicious. There is no reason to give up sugar, we just need to use real sugars the way our creator intended. White sugar that has been processed has had all the enzymes removed that will help us process and digest the sugar.