Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Babysitting Lydia

Lydia and I hung out together last night. We had a Grandma/Granddaughter date. Okay, we didn't do too much, after all, she's only 5 months old.





Mike, Chris, and Dave went to an Easter Pageant, at the Mesa Temple.

After working so hard in the yard yesterday, and in the heat, I was beat! All I wanted to do was stay home and relax. And, what a better way to do that than to enjoy my newest little grand baby.

She enjoyed watching Fox News with me. She going to be very intellectual! She watched the news as intensely as if she was watching cartoons. We have the cartoon channel, it might have been a good thing to see how she likes that too. She only watched for about two minutes really, because I'm not sure TV is good for baby's to watch.

She had a bit of a tummy ache. I knew she needed to burp, but she just wouldn't do it. She cried for a little while, as I patted, rocked, and walked, and eventually, she got the burp up by herself.

She played with her toys for 15 minutes or so, just enough time so I could do the dishes, and then she wanted to be held again. Actually, she wanted her diaper changed. It was pretty dirty!

The only time she cried after that was to eat or get to sleep. About 8:45 she was ready for her last bottle, which put her to sleep. We just cuddled until a little past 10:00 when everyone came home.

All in all, we had a good night!