Monday, January 07, 2008

Donate Your Car



I had never heard of the idea to donate car until the last decade or so. I think this is an outstanding idea.

The first time I heard about it was when my brother John and his wife Sherri did it. This was in Gilbert Arizona, and they were happy when they saw their suburban being driven by one of her students, and knew which family it had gone to, and was happy that it went to a family of need and was a good cause.

Since then I have heard many good reports of how people have helped others by donating their car instead of selling it. There are good tax write-offs for this cause that will help with your income tax basis and give you back your money, along with helping someone else.

I remember when Utah Jazz player, Greg Ostertag donated a kidney and encouraged others to simply donate a car for the kidney foundation. I was very impressed with Greg!

I'm also very impressed with CarAngel in teaching us how to donate cars for charity!

Go Car Angel!