Sunday, March 30, 2008

Texas

Three days after our company left we took a week trip through Texas. I had been to Texas three times up to this point but had always gone by plane and had never seen any city except Dallas and Fort Worth, and I wanted to see Texas!

We had a very enjoyable trip. We drove from Apache Junction, Arizona to El Paso, Texas and was very impressed with the city. I was expecting a small city in the desert, but it is quite large.

Mike mentioned that I would be able to see Mexico, and I thought he meant I would see the Mexico desert. I saw the city Juarez which borders Texas. You can see the city so well because it goes up a hill, and expands for miles. That was fun for me to see since the only city I've been to in Mexico is Tijuana.

We stayed in El Paso the first night of our trip and ate at a nice restaurant called 'Elmers'. They are quite popular there for their chicken, and I'm here to tell you it was very good.