Sunday, May 10, 2009

Insomnia!

I haven't been able to sleep for weeks now. Even if I take a sleeping pill. It will be 3 or 4 in the morning before I fall asleep. I was so tired last night I was sure I would fall asleep without help and didn't take a pill. I was wide awake until 6:00 this morning when Mike got out of bed, but finally fell asleep until 9.

I got on the web at 3:00 AM to read up on insomnia. Didn't learn much that I didn't already know, but gleaned one hint out of all the articles that suggested that I eat dried cherries to raise my melatonin level.

It said that free radicals often bother us during the times we should be sleeping. I know my system has been out of whack lately. I'm working hard to get my body working right again. I hope I can sleep tonight. I really need it!